GI Energy designs solutions that perfectly match our clients’ needs and that are ideally suited to the buildings they operate.
We don’t specialise in a single technology – to do so would limit the options of our design teams and engineers.
We have deep expertise across the whole range of on-site and microgrid energy technologies, including:
- Energy Foundations – GI Energy is the world’s leading expert in Energy Foundations, also known as EnergyPiles™. Our team was involved in the largest driven energy pile project in the USA, the Seattle Federal building.
- Cogeneration (CHP) – Combined Heat and Power (CHP) combines on-site power generation and thermal energy capture. It achieves efficiencies of nearly 80%, while producing chilled or hot water and steam for on-site use.
- Geothermal – Geo-Exchange systems provide highly efficient heating and cooling for a fraction of the lifecycle cost of traditional HVAC systems.
- Solar – Integrating solar systems into multi-technology energy projects is a highly efficient method of managing peak load.
- Energy storage – Energy storage plays a vital role in distributed energy systems. Rapid innovation is continuing to drive costs down.
Our wider sustainability solutions also include Recycled Water systems.